Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 82 June 27 to Camp at mile 1206.8

After a reasonably good breakfast at the Comfort Inn,  I was shuttled to the trail at PA 645.  With my pack heavy with food. ( but still only about 30 lbs total, I set out.

I stopped right away at the 501 Shelter. With was fully enclosed complete with skylight and shower (albeit out door type). But it was close enough to town that one could orde or pizza and have it delivered.  My fellow hiker were crowing about that possibility before I left them for my zero. 


There we're some nice views of the Pennsylvania countryside. 


True to predictions the trail was intermittently rocky all day. 


Today I passed the 1200 miles mark. 


I had originally planned to stay at Eagles Nest Shelter. But I decided to push another 1.8 miles.  But when I got where the campsite was supposed to be there was nothing. So I pushed on another .5 miles and found one. 

On my way there I saw a medium sized bear.  When he saw me he ran off. So after supper I hung my food from a tree.

Distance:  19.1
Total distance :  1206.8
Total remaining distance : 978.5


No comments:

Post a Comment