Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 64 June 9 to Big Meadow Campground

It rained some overnight. But I managed to get up and leave by 7 o'clock.  But for the first time I took off in the wrong direction.  Took me 10 minutes before I realized it.  Oh well, only a mile wasted.  But the day didn't get any better. I just didn't seem to have much energy.  I arrived at 6:40 at the campground really ready to stop.

Everyone is asking if I seen bears.  In the Shenandoah national park there are many bears in people often see them. Not me. 

For lunch I stopped at the Lewis Mountain Campground and went to the store for snacks for drinks.

Got a few nice views along the way. 


I'm seeing rabbits everywhere 


The deer have no fear. 


And there are still more new wildflowers 


Paid $20 to camp at the Big Meadow Campground. 

Distance 20.7 miles
Total distance:  920.7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment