Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 62 June 7 to Black Rock Hut

This morning my host at the Belle Hearth B & B took me back up to Rockfish Gap where I got back on the trail.  Today marks two months that I've been hiking the AT.  It also is the day that I enter Shennendoah National Park.

As I entered I was supposed to fill out a backcountry camping permit, but there weren't any in the box.  So  went on with out one hoping any ranger I met would be understanding. 


Just carbon paper


I got a late start as my ride dropped me off at 9:30 am. But the day was not hot so I made good progress toward the 20.6 miles to Blackeock Hut. Here on the SNP they call stelters "huts". 

On my way I saw some turkey's with chicks. 


There are many deer and I saw two close up. 
 

There was good water from several streams along the way. I always use purification tablets when taking water from streams. 


I arrived at the hut at 7:55 I spite of my late start.  There was really good spring so got water for supper and had beef stroganoff. 

I tried my new quilt that arrived in Waynesboro.  Worked great. 

Total distance: 878.3 miles. 





No comments:

Post a Comment