Thursday, June 26, 2014

Date 80 June 25 to PA 645 and Pinegrove

This would be another 20 mile day so I got up early and set off at 6:30 AM.

There were intermittent rocky spots but nothing sustained that it's cause me to lose time.

The trail pass to the site of an old coal mining town which is now completely disappeared.


At the bridge and innovative Doctor had figured out a way to turn the acidic run off into the stream and neutralizing it so that fish can live in.



The trail crossed between two mountains and there was  field and to cross.


After the field and after a stream there was some trail magic waiting.  Dirty Ernie a sixty something guy who hiked the trail in 2010 was  giving drinks, hotdogs and hamburgers.

After more rocky patches finally came to  PA 645 but not after getting doused by a thunderstorm.

I called the Carlin shuttle service and Joyce came out to pick me up and took me to the comfort inn for my Saturday.

Distance 20.1 miles
Total distance 1087.6 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment