Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day 58 June to Spy Rock campsite

Today I got a nice late start.  After a breakfast of biscuit,  egg, sausage and cheese, at the Blue a Dog Art cafe, I  sat and talked over coffee with ABear.   Our shuttle back to the trail was to be at 10:30 am. At first I thought I'd have a nap.  But the on I decided to go to the post office and mail home my gloves and thermal long sleeved shirt.   As I returned ABear shouted to me that we were leaving now. So I grabbed my back from the hostel and jumped into the truck.  We were at the trail at 9:45!

The forecast was for rain and then thunderstorms.  The sky looked the part. 

 
But all that happened was some light drizzle. Then the sun came out.

I saw still more new wildflowers


The hillsides we're covered with ferns!


I decided to go just over 17 miles since I'd just done back to back twenty mile days. This brought me to Spy Rock.  I clicher up and got a view. 


  
Total distance 819.1 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment