Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 63 June 8 to Hightop Hut

This morning I got on the trail at 6:30 am.   I wanted to try and make it 6.8 miles to where some morning trail magic was happening (all you could eat breakfast until 9:00 am).  I must have walked quickly because I made by 9:05 in time for food!  The people had fed 20 hikers the night before and over a dozen for breakfast.  Those who overnighted withe the trail angels at there camp site gave the angels a hug when they left. I stayed and chatted with the angles for a while.  But before that I was able to get my back country pass from the ranger station at the aloft Mountain campsite. Then I facetimed with Becky for a short time.

Today is a 21.6 mile day.  But I only had about 15 miles to go !  The weather was changing from sun to rain so it was cool.

I got my picture taken by some day hikers. 


I arrived at the shelter at 6:30 pm only to find it full.  Fortunately there was still space to pitch my tent. I walked down about 200'yards to the spring for water and the  made my supper.  

Total distance: 899.9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment