Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 74 June 19 zero day Fayetteville Pennsylvania

I arrived in Fayetteville last night and ordered out  from a nice Italian restaurant. Got to get those calories.

Today was a busy day. I had a number of repairs to do. I had repair my hiking pole which had a cracked ferrell on one of the joints.  I used a hose clamp to reinforce the joint covered it over with duct tape.


I called Leki the maker of my hiking poles and explained the problem. They will send me a brand-new pole in a week.

I walked half a mile to the laundromat to do my laundry and that's where I found an auto supply store where I bought the hose clamp to prepare my pole. At the Riteaide drugstore across the street I bought some antifriction stick because to put on my left heel. I've been having some little blisters on it so I see if this will help.

I resupplied at Walmart. I found a collapsible water bag for the future. Water is not easy to find in the coming days.  So I want to be able to carry three liters. I also bought a small pump spray of potent insect repellent. The mosquitoes are starting to get bad here.

The string on my cross that I hang around my neck was becoming very frayed so I went to Hobby lobby and found some new cord repair it.

After all these errands I got back to the hotel and one of my toenails finally came off.  It's been black virtually since the first week and a new nail had grown underneath the old one.

Later tonight I'm going to see up the pocket where the mouse chewed through to get the candy wrappers I forgot to take out one night.

Across from Hobby lobby was a good Chinese restaurant I ordered take out.  

Tomorrow morning I'll have breakfast at 5:30 across the street at the local family restaurant. I'll  have bacon next to start the day. 

Notice that a lot of my activity on my zero days is eating in order to try  to keep getting the calories and stop losing weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment