Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 61 June 6 Zero day in Waynesboro

I spent my morning of my zero day at Tree Streets B&B.   But since they couldn't take me for Friday night I had to find another place. So I called Bell hearth and they had a spot. 

I lunched at the Heritage sports bar I had a big hamburger and Huge onion rings.

I picked up my resupply boxes at the post office and had some nice surprises. The Ballews once again sent a very kind care package (thanks Shawn and Jim). As well my new summer weight sleeping bag arrived thanks for Becky's mom.   Now I won't be sweltering in my 15 degree bag.  I went to the Kroger for a few fill in items of tortillas, salami, tuna salad, peanut butter. 

I sent my bounce box on to my next zero day venue. And I sent my 15 degree bag to my staging partner ( my mom in Illinois).

The came a visit from Tom and Linda Alford.  We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening eating and talking!  Really great after all the solitude of the trail. 

By the way Waynesboro is very hiker friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment