Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 75 June 20 to Ironmaster Hostel


The morning was cool and clear.  Almost needed my vest.   But I warmed up after about 15 minutes because the trail climbed right away.  There we're a number if beautiful streams.  


The trail was surrounded by lush green forest. 


At times it was like a carpet. 


I passed one of the nicest shelters I've yet seen. 


Today I  crossed the 1092.55 Mark. That is the official half point for the Appalachian Trail.




Later I passed the old half way marker which is out of date


I arrived at Pine Furnace State park and stayed at the Ironmasters Mansion Hostel. Before checking in I did an A.T. Tradition and went to the General Store and ate a half gallon of ice cream. ( but they really only half quart and a half containers). Butter pecan and 2070
Calories in 35 minutes.  


Distance. 19.5 miles
Total distance. 1097.9 miles







No comments:

Post a Comment