Sunday, June 15, 2014

Day 70 June 15 Harpers Ferry

After a great night stay at the Bears Den Hostel I started out on the roller coaster again.  It's really a beautiful morning this morning and already send the weather is cool the sun is coming up. 




Quickly finished the roller coaster and got onto the flatter easier part of the trail.

This led to the state line in Virginia and West Virginia. After over 500 miles in Virginia I'm  finally in a different state.


Everyone is always an authority on how easy or hard the trailers. People said the rest all the way to Harpers Ferry would be easy. But the last 4 miles where rocky and difficult.

Finally I got to the Shenandoah River.


I crossed the bridge and found he's quickly found the Econolodge Hotel.  Decided to take a night there now because I needed some time to get my poles serviced. The tips had completely worn away down to the down to the nub. I also needed to buy a few days worth of food to get me into the next place  in Pennsylvania where all take a zero day.

Distance:  20.5
Total distance. 1019.6






No comments:

Post a Comment