Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 25 May 1 to Jerry's Cabin Shelter


Rained last night but stopped a little before dawn.  Still my tent and shirt and shorts are wet starting out. So I put on layers with them on top to dry them out.  Had a cold breakfast and got going. Hiking with Gofar who I had breakfast at NOC.  He arrived last night and camped next to me.  

It was supposed to be sunny but a cold fog enveloped us.  But the turned into high clouds. 

We passed into Tennessee today. Stopped at the boarder at "Mom's" a very humble shop catering to hikers 

Lunched at little Laurel Shleter where I had hoped to camp the night before but couldn't because of the late start. It turned colder.

Finally sun came our and we got some views.


Then the serious club to 4000 ft to Big Firescald Knob.  It was a long thin exposed ridge that was more rock scrambling than hiking.  There was an alternate path to be used in case is storms but since it was sunny, I took the ridge.  




Arrived at Jerry, Shleter and camped down the trail bit.

Distance : 15.5 miles
Total distance : 301 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment