Friday, May 9, 2014

Day 32 May 8 to Roan Mountain

After a night as Carver Gap where I pitched my tent in some dense woods next to then road, I had oatmeal and hot chocolate and set out.  I was immediately greeted by the first of six major up hills. But the views where worth it.

Got to the top of Round bald




And then Jane Bald



I saw the marker for the Revolutionary War Battle of the Overmountain Men


The on up to the two biggest climbs. 


Coming down to Roan Mountain was a long Rugged trail.

I bunked in at the Mountain Harbor Hostel.  I met up with bunch hikers that I'd been seeing the past few weeks like Bamboo, Little Bit, Oregon, Reluctant Hiker, Optimist Prime, Mookie. And had a big breakfast.  I weighed myself last night and I was 170 lbs - down from 190. 

Distance: 15 
Total distance: 391

1 comment:

  1. Hey Paul loving following along. So glad your ankle is holding up so far.
    We saw Becky last night at Pearls and she seems to be doing well! Was a fun night missed you.

    ReplyDelete