Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 26 May 2 to Hogback Shelter

Another 15.5 miles day that started cold (38 F) warmed up.  After a breakfast of oatmeal and hot chocolate I broke camp and started up a hill.  Half an hour later I was greeted by the sun at this mountain top meadow. 


Later that morning I passed the graves if two Union soldiers killed by Confederates while retuning to visit their family.




The warm sunny afternoon saw another 1000 ft of climbing. But I passed through Forest the are greening up.


Waterfalls are always a treat.


Arrived at Hogback Shelter about 6:10 pm. Made camp and talked to Johnny (Kansas ) of the YWAM group for a while.

Distance :15.5
Total distance 315

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paul, how are you tracking your daily miles? GPS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the AT guidebook and Guthooks AT app for iphone

      Delete