Saturday, May 10, 2014

Day 33 May 9 to Moreland Gap Shelter

After a very nice all-you-can-east breakfast buffet at mountain Harbor B&B,



 I set out at 9:00 am for the 18 miles to Moreand Gap.  The terrain promised to be less demanding.  And it was.

The scenery was varied.



I passed an rather new cemetery.


Saw some flowers I'd not seen before .

 
and had lunch by the spectacular waterfall  

After lunch it started to rain and so I donned rain pants.  I was clammy the serif the day but at least I didn't soak my boots.

There were lots of beautiful steams 


and bridges


At just the right moment a bench showed up for my 4:30 break.



Arrived at the shelter at 7:45 pm 

Total distance: 410 miles

1 comment:

  1. Those pink flowers are Showy Orchis, a native orchid that is a favorite of mine. We have been seeing them on hikes here.

    ReplyDelete