Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 47 May 23 A "nero" in Pearisburg

I said goodbye to Cowboy and walked two miles to Pearisburg,  passing Angels Rest.  



I had 4g so I facetimed Becky.

By the way, a "nero" is hiker talk for a near Zero day.  Since I walked two miles. that qualfied as a nero. 

I picked up my resupply and bounce box as well as care package from the Ballews at the Holiday Motor Lodge and had a restful day.  I also had a great lunch at La Barranca... Possibly the best Mexican food I've ever had

Total distance 630 miles

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paul, do hikers ever do the trail with out bounce boxes? Seems like you did a huge amount of planning to time all of the boxes etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicko, Sorry I didn't reply to you six years ago. I only just saw your comment. Yes, many people go without a bounce box. I just like the convenience of having some extra stuff on my zero days.

      Delete