Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 39 May 15 to Old Orchard Shelter

During the night it began to rain. I woke up to rain.  I had intended to get an early start and do 20 miles,  but the rain dampened my enthusiasm. So I had breakfast and set out at 8:30 am. It rained drizzled and misted all day.  I had to slow down so I only got to old Orchard shelter. Still that was seventeen miles.  But it messed up my plan to try to tai a day since I'm three days behind my plan. 

I stopped for lunch with about twenty other soaked hikers at the shelter below Mt Rogers (the highest point I Virginia).  After peanut butter and tortillas I was off again across the Grayson Highlands known for it's here of ponies.


I only saw one.  

Finally arriving at the shelter I was greeted by Neon.  Normally I camp.  But tonight I gladly stayed I the shelter, which helped me dry off.


No comments:

Post a Comment