Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 40 May 16 to Trimpi Shelter

After a snug night in the shelter I got up to a late breakfast of creamy blueberry oatmeal and hot chocolate.  During the night I had succeeded in try out some sock and long underwear in my sleeping bag. Since the sun was out but it was still chilly  I decided to put on nearly all my layers and succeeded in drying them all out in the first half hour.

Crossed lots of streams, some with interesting bridges. 



The day was pleasant.  At lunch I stopped in the sun and dried out my tent and ground sheet.  Ramen noodles and my old faithful peanut butter and tortillas fit the bill. 

Because of yesterday's rain my plan to make it to Partnership shelter was shot,  so only went 14 miles to Trimpi shelter.

But along the way I saw a Chestnut sprouting from the roots of a dead one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment