Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 3 Dockery Lake trail to Swaim Gap

Woke up to a howling cold wind. Again was low 40s F.  After morning ablutions, had a nice breakfast and set out at 8:50. The morning got warmer and so I doffed a layer.  Saw some Trilliums just about to bloom.


 Adam and Megan passes me with their puller dogs Moose and Millie. ( Met them yesterday. 


After lunch and a nap headed up to Blood Mountain (4461ft) and saw the shelter and caught a view.



Passed Neels gap and it's store full of hiker toys.


   But since I had all I needed,  I got a Power-aide, continued three more miles  and made camp near Swain Gap.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're really doing it! I remember you and Becky processing this idea with us last summer in Jessica's back yard. Good for you! I can't imagine how life changing it would be to spend 5 months silently walking through nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul - good luck on your hike. Look forward to future posts on your progress. Stay safe! Robert Raney

    ReplyDelete