Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 8 Dick's Creek Gap to Muscrat Shelter

After a nice zero day at the TOG Hostel, it was off again from Dick's Creek's Gap. But first I said goodbye to Chris and his sidekick. I also sent a bounce box to my next zero day spot.  Zach, my roommate of last night  walked for a while until he stopped to stretch.  I caught up with mother daughter team that I met At TOG.  

Then it started to rain.  And rain. And rain.  It didn't stop until I got to Muscrat Shelter.  This was 4.9 miles before I'd planned. But I wanted to dry out before going on.  I'll make up some distance in the coming days.

But I misjudged the rain and didn't put my rain pants on.  Major mistake.  The boots got soaked.  So changing the soaks didn't make much sense.  I'll pay for that in the coming days.  Live and learn.

But all was not lost because long the way, I crossed into North Carolina.


One state down thirteen to go.

Distance: 12 miles nearly

No comments:

Post a Comment