Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 7 Zero Day

Sunday April 13 is my first "zero day" or a day where I'll do no miles.  I spent it a the brand new Top of Georgia Hostel (TOG).  This place is half a mile from the AT but they kindly have a shuttle to keep you from walking on the road.  The place was full and the people lively.  Bob and the team take good care of all the hikers that stop and stay.


Even before we had a chance to shower we were shuttled  to eat at Daniel's Buffet in Hiawassee GA.   But kind people at TOG they gave us medical scrubs so as not to offend the non-hiking public with a week's work of trail grime.   Daniel's had a great salad bar, fried chicken peach cobbler and the world's best sweet tea.

Waiting for me was my resupply box and bounce box. They arrived in the mail as planned. The resupply has my next six days of food while the bounce box had things that I don't need except once a week like:  town clothes and sandals, razor, shampoo and other supplies to replenish my stores.

I got a good day off complete with Sunday afternoon nap.  Back on the trail tomorrow. It's suppose to rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment