Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 97 July 12 to Nuclear Lake

I broke camp early since I was "stealth camping" and didn't was to get a reprimand from the park rangers.   From Lake Canopus I walked back the trail that led to the AT.  I walked up to an overview of the lake. 


During the morning, I walked past a huge oak tree.  It must be one of the biggest along the AT


Later, that morning, I walked by the RPH shelter and a crews from the local AT club were working on in it.  They gave us pastries, water and soft drinks.


I continued on to Nuclear Lake where I hoped to find a spot to camp.  But it was posted no camping and and no fires.  Viking and Bigfoot found a stealthy place in the woods.  I found a spot that said no fires, so I camped there.  I had a nice swim in Nuclear Lake before cooking and turning in.


Distance: 19 miles
Total distance: 1439.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment