Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Day 114 July 30 To Riga Shelter


This was my first day back on the trail.  It started out as a beautiful day.


But in the following hours  the heel pain that put me off the trail two weeks ago, came back.  I did two miles and realized that I had to stop.   I walked into Falls Village.  I called Becky and talked about my predicament. She wisely advised me to make a plan.  I decided to walk 6.6 miles to the next town, Salisbruy.

I passed the Great Falls on the Housatonic River.


It was a beautiful hike.  


But the pain only got worse. I walked the final mile and limped into town. From Salisbury  I called Hudson, back at Bearded Woods Hostel.  He had space for me and would pick me up when other hikers arrived.  

I spent a nice evening with the hiker friends who all slacpacked that day and returned to Bearded Woods. 

Tomorrow I'll fly to Urbana Illinois where my mother lives. 



No comments:

Post a Comment