Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 89 July 4 to Culver gap

It rained all night.  And I knew Hurricane Arhur was coming up the coast. I wondered if I should weather it to town. My brother-in-law Mark Hoffmann's brother had offered to pick me up and spend the day with me.  So I contacted them and asked them to pick me up at Culver gap.  

So I put on my clothes still wet from last night. I broke  camp and started out.  It wasn't raining when I started so I dried off a bit. But then it rained and I got soaked again.   Stopped for lunch at Brinks shelter and dried  out. 


While at the shelter it's cleared off and the sun came out. I continued on with the 3 miles to Culver Gap.  Jerry and Julie Hoffmann picked me up.   They took me to their place where she washed and dried my clothes and boots. I spent a nice Fourth of July with them and other family.  Julie prepared a great supper.   I saw fireworks and had a great time.  Thanks Jerry and Julie. 

Distance. 11.9 miles
Total distance. 1318.0


No comments:

Post a Comment