Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day 100 July 15 to Bearded Woods

During the night, it rained steadily and a thunderstorm passed through.  Since I went to bed early the night before, I got up early and messaged Hudson about where I thought he could be picked up.  It would be at 10 or 13 miles down the trail.

So, I broke camp and started out.  I hoped to make Route 7 by 1:00 p.m  But I arrived at 3:10 p.m.  It was rugged and I was tired.


When I arrived, Big Lu picked me up.  She then picked up two SOBOs (south bounders) that I had met earlier.

She  took us back to Bearded Woods which is the name of the hostel that she and Hudson run. She showed us where we would sleep and how to get cleaned up. We settled in nicely. 

That evening we had a family-style supper. It was a great meal.

Ever since  evening before I had been thinking about my next move. I was feeling tired and like I needed to stop walking for a while.   Especially because my left heel was very sore.  After chatting with Hudson and several of the other people I decided I would take about a week off.  I need to give  my sore left heel a break and to see if one of my toenails was going to be a problem.  So I quickly booked a flight from Bradford Airport Orlando. I would take a shuttle to where Becky is staying with her mother.  I talked to Becky and she agreed. She quickly called a podiatrist and made an appointment for me the next day.

After. having some good talks with the rest of the other seven hikers  I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment