Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 96 July 11 to Lake Canopus beach (Fahnstock State Park)

Back on the trail after a day and a half of rest. Got up and crossed the street to the deli and had two bagels and cream cheese.  I got shuttled out to my starting point by the hotel owner Doug. I didn't mention that Doug and Inga where the owners of the quaint Bear Mountain Bridge motel. I had a nice talk with them Doug was from England and Inga was  from Germany. 

I crossed the Bear Mountain Bridge.



The trail started out much less rugged way then the days previous.   Still it had many up-and-down which made it difficult day. 

Doug told me that the the Hudson river was like the Rhine River. A number of castles have been built along it. 


There was a deli at a gas station on route nine at Peekskill. So I had a early lunch of pizza  and. Dr Pepper. Anything to get calories.

I caught up with three of the Warriors, a group of military veterans were helping other vets through hiking.  Their trail names are Viking, Machine and Bigfoot. Silverstag also caught up with us.  Later on I caught up with Safety First and Wander Bus. 

When I got  Lake Canopus WB and SF   were showering at the bath house of the lake.  Started to walk into the State park, but I didn't find any place to camp.  So I camped at the picnic area by the lake.

Distance: 20.6.
Total distance 1419.9.




No comments:

Post a Comment