Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 95 July 10 zero In Fort Montgomery

I had hoped to make July 9 my zero day. But the rugged terrain of the  New York section wore me down. So I decided to take a half day on the ninth and whole day  on the 10th.  Thru hikers have to listen to their bodies so I decided to listen to mine. I hope the extra rest will do me good.

Again I've had to take care of some equipment issues  The floor on my tent has been delaminating. So I put seam sealer on it to repair it to keep it from delaminating. further. I contacted the maker to alert them to the problem.  I decided to see if my repairs will hold for the next two months.

My left pole has developed a problem. In Harpers Ferry I had an outfitter change the tips. But he is Black Diamond tips instead of Leki tips. Now the the tip has bent.  So I contacted an outfitter in Kent to see if they can change it.  I'm waiting to hear from them.


No comments:

Post a Comment