Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 90 July 5 to Jim Murray Shelter


Jerry Hoffmann took me to Culver gap. Thought about trying to get a new tip on my left pole since it's kind of bent. But there was no outfitter close so I just decided to set out. Just after setting out I saw a bear right in front of  me and the trail.  


It was a beautiful day. Temperature started out in the 50s.

Terrain is more rocky in New Jersey than I expected.  Soon I came to the top of the ridge and found this pavilion. 


Not long afterward I arrived at Mashipacong shelter and Trail magic from Tapeworm (thru hiker from '96)

I passed through Highpoint State Park and saw the monument. 


The trail is beautiful and varied along this part of the trail. 


There are  many stone fences throughout this area.


I arrived at the Jim Murray shelter at 8 o'clock. The Shelter was built by an old thru- Hiker. He makes it as well as a shower and privy.

Distance:  21.5 miles
Total distance. 1339.4





No comments:

Post a Comment