Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 101 July 16 to Orlando

I woke up and join the others and a great breakfast.  It was pouring rain out so the other hikers waited a while to set out. Then after the rain stopped Hudson and Big Lu shuttled them out to where had stop the day before.

I use the morning to dry out things and to clean up and pack my bag for my flight.

About 1 o'clock Hudson drove me to Bradley airport. It took about an hour.  I said goodbye to Hudson and told him I would call when I was ready to come back to the trail. I had the rest of the afternoon to wait for my flight which wasn't until 5 o'clock.

My flight took off on time and I arrived in Washington to transfer to my  next flight Orlando.   I arrived in Orlando and the shuttle from there to the villages where Becky and her mother are staying.

It's quite amazing to one day be hiking the Appalachian Trail in Connecticut and the next day be snug in at home in Florida. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm continually amazed by the changes in climate, sunlight, associations with friends and family, and even attitude that one day's air travel can bring. I'm sorry for your sake that you need to interrupt your carefully planned schedule for a while, but I'm glad you will get some rest and good food and healing as needed. I still hope to join you for a few days' hiking and chatting later on, so I will "Watch This Space!" eagerly to see where you will likely be now, come mid- to late August! Blessings on you, my friend. Best to the lovely ladies of your family.

    ReplyDelete