Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 93 July 8 to West Mountain shelter.

Today proved to be a very difficult day. The number of ups and downs and the rugged rocks made it that way.


Today I had to deal with the famous lemon squeezer.  This little notch led to it.


Then I had a work my way through the thin chimney. Most people have to take their packs off and pull them through. But I was able to put my water bottles in my pack and my poles in my side pockets and make my way up through the squeeze chimney. 


Then I climbed the short face with a layback (instead of taking the easy go around). 

This is my second day in Harriman State Park. It's really quite beautiful. 


There are many great views. 


By 7:30 I had enough. It was a difficult day again. So I camped on top of the mountain at West shelter. A few hours later thunderstorm rolled through. But my Lightheart So Long tent weathered it very well.

Distance. 16.2 miles
Total distance. 1392.7











No comments:

Post a Comment