Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 88 July 3 to Buttermilk campsite.

It's been a wonderful day with Becky yesterday on my zero day in the Delaware water gap. We had a really nice time and some nice meals.

She took me back to this morning at the Lenape  lake campsite. We said goodbye.  She'll go to Newark today and fly to South Carolina to see her sister and other family  for the 4th of July. ( but because of Hurricane Arthur; she  wouldn't arrive for two days. )

I crossed the Delaware River and quickly climbed up the ridge past Sunfish Lake.



Got some beautiful views of the Delaware River Valley.


It must've been like this during the time when the  Delaware tribes lived here. that. I can see why they were so happy here. Beautiful mountains, the lakes the river, and  great hunting.

But the westher deteriorated as a front came in and developed into thunderstorms.  I had originally wanted to go 20 miles but as I was on the top of a ridge and lighting was striking close, I pitched my tent and got on top of my air mattress. 

But at least i passed the 1300 mile mark 

Distance. 16.6
Total distance. 1306.1

1 comment:

  1. 1300 miles ! Bravo, Paul.
    I covered that much and a little more on my way to Compostela in 2005. But I did not have to carry my tent or food !
    So, as I get a real feeling for the very demanding effort your are going through, I am sure the reward you are experiencing is even greater.
    May God continue to bless your walk and continue to inspire you to be safe: always stop before the storm stops you! De colores ...

    ReplyDelete