Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Day 27 to Galehead Hut

After spending a night in my tent on a tent platform (my first time since my tent is a stake down and I thought it wouldn't work) I got up ate, packed and set off at 7 am. I had hoped to go 13 miles to Guyot Shelter.   But two things dissuaded me. First it was almost a mile off the
trail. Second the terrain was slowing me down and beating me up. So I decided to got just over ten miles to Galehead hut.  This is operated by the AMC and offers supper and breakfast. Since it is taking longer that I'd planned, I needed conserve food. So this worked out well.

Views were spectacular. 


I climbed over four Mountains today: Including Lincoln 5089 and Mt Lafayette at over 5263 ft, it's one of the tallest in the Whites. 


And then it was was over Mt Garfied (4458)

The hut is modern being rebuilt in 1999. 


Miles: 10.1
2016 Miles: 331
Total AT Miles:  1829

No comments:

Post a Comment