Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Day 16 to Mountain Meadow Lodge

Today would only be. 10.2 mile day so I got up a little later (6:45). I packed had breakfast and decided to climb to the top of Killingon Peak. It was about .2 miles but as I found out, very steep and rocky.


But the view at the top was worth the climb. 


Killington is one of the biggest ski area in the northwest. And KP had a big lift to prove it. 



I want into the ski lodge and thought the doors where open, no was around. 


So I left disappointed.  I back to Cooper lodge, collected my pack and started down. I say down because it was mostly down. But on the way, I passed by 200 mile mark for this trip. (I started in Salisbury CT at 1498 miles.)

There were the usual rocks...
 And trees. But I did pass through an large area of blown-down trees. 


Do you see anything funny about this ?

0kay...so what is it?

I arrived and was welcomed by the friendly people MML. I bunked in ready after eight day and over a hundred miles of walking for zero day. 

Miles : 10.2 ( not including my climb to Killington Peak

2016 Miles: 205.3

Total AT miles:  1704.7



No comments:

Post a Comment