Sunday, July 10, 2016

Day 20 To Norwich VT

Once again, it would be a rainey day.  As I left the shelter side trail, I saw the "Roman Noodles" still in their tent. 


A long the way a the trail went under this birch archway. 


Today would be a significant "trail angel" day. As I went through West Hartford I saw a house that some one told me might show hikers some kindness. But it looked like no one there.  But few minutes later a pick up truck pulled along aside me. He driver asked if I wanted breakfast. (Hikers are pretty obvious ). So I hopped in Linda Harts's truck and she took us the quarter mile back to her house where her family waited serve breakfast. And as we arrived, the Roman Noodles were there and they too were given breakfast. We stayed for about an hour waiting for the rain to let up. 

When it did inset off for Hanover NH. But I stopped in Norwich VT because we had heard of a trail angel who offered hikers a night's lodging.  When I arrived, there were already 7 hikers bunking in (including the Roman Noodles). 

Miles : 12.2
2016 miles: 246
Total AT :  1745


No comments:

Post a Comment