Thursday, July 14, 2016

Day 24 to Kinsmen Notch

Well today I was served a good breakfast at the Hikers Welcome Hostel. I bunked in becausen I wanted to look after the blisters on my heels, my left big toe nail that I knocked off two days ago, my bruised right ...enough of that.

I decided in spite of sore feet to climb the 4802 ft Mt Moosilauke. 

The climb took from 7:30 to 12:00. And when got there I was greeted by fog.  

The forecast was for thunderstorms and wanted to be off the mountain before they arrived. The descent was reputed to be very slippery when wet. But it was also one of the toughest 2 miles I've encountered.

But along side the trail was a long series of cascades. 


Between the slippery wooden steps, the steepness and the fact that it was rock scramble and not a hike, I had my hands fills for over and hour and a half of hard work. 

I walked from Kinsman Notch to Lost River Campground and caught a ride to North Woodstock and spent the night at "The Notch Hostel."  


The next day I caught a shuttle to Lebanon Airport (NH) and flew to Boston and then to Turks and Caicos for a family vacation.  

Miles: 9.7
2016 Miles 302.4
Total AT miles 1799.7

No comments:

Post a Comment