Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Day 15 to Coopers Lodge

I got.up at 5:30, packed and after retrieving my food bag from a tree (against bears and rodents) I got a start at 6:40.  Little did I know that I would need it. 

Today would mostly be about climbing Killington Peak (3908').  It would mostly be uphill...mostly meaning there was some big descents. 

Got a really nice view early on. 


Someone liked it so much that they added furniture.


I crossed an impressive gorge. 


Saw some berries that I think are wild currents ( anyone help me out here?)


I passed marker saying I have ways to go yet. 

Had lunch at a nice spot. 


And climbed some really tough terrain. It is some of the most difficult I've encountered... Steep. Rocks. Roots. Very rugged. 


I drug in to camp at 6:15 pretty wacked. 

Miles: 14.1
2016 miles : 195.5
Total AT miles : 1694.5

1 comment:

  1. So awesome you're at it again. I'm jealous and yet happy I'm here and reading about you :-).

    ReplyDelete