Saturday, July 2, 2016

Day 12 to Manchester Center VT

Last night we the first major storm I weathered under canvas. It rained very hard and the lightening and thunder was impressive. During the night I was wakened by a mouse who found shelter in my tents and got into my food bag. He quickly got the small opening at I left in the screen zipper.

Today I have over 17 miles to go for my resupply in Manchester center. So I left at 6:30 am

I got up to a cold wet morning (50s). I got packed up (yes a very wet tent) And headed up Stratton Mountain. At the top is was 45 F and foggy. 


I was offered a cup of tea by the caretakers of the fire tower. 


But a trip up the tower was useless because of the fog. 

And the day went on the sun can out but it remained cool and windy. It's rare to see waves on a pond. 


In spite of the sun, much of the day was spent walking on a very wet path. 

At the end of the day a nice family offered me a ride to Red Sled Motel which was several miles out of town. So I caught a taxi into town for a meal and resupply. 

Miles:  17.7
2016 miles: 152.0
Total AT miles:  1650.7

No comments:

Post a Comment