Monday, July 11, 2016

Day 21 to Moose Mountain

The day began better than it ended. I woke and left at 7 am with 7 others who bunked in at Trail Betsy's. I walk from Norwich VT acrossed the Connecticut River into Hanover NH... my 13th state on the AT.


  I needed to mail a box of food to a place a few days down the trail. But the post office didn't open until 8:30. So I had breakfast at Lou's ... an AT institution.  I finished there, posted my package but before leaving town I had the post trace my lost bounce box. Thankfully the post guy said it was being returned. 

I walked out of downtown Hanover...a very nice town and home of Dartmouth College. 


And it is very friendly to thru-hikers.


Once out of town I was again enveloped in the "green tunnel".


But there were marshes to cross. 



And mountains to climb



and monster to stare at. 


So I arrived at Moose Mountain shelter where I met two section hikers. We had a very interesting chat including politics. 

I dressed the two heel blisters from my new shoes. Had supper.  As I was entering the shelter, I put my foot on the log at the entrance which rolled and caught my left big toenail and torn it from the nail bed straight up. So I wrapped it in bandaids and some Neosporin and to to find the privy...at rather interesting on at that. 


Miles: 13.2
2016 Miles : 259
Total AT miles : 1757.9

No comments:

Post a Comment