Monday, July 16, 2018

Day 7 To Maine Rte 17

I decided for a second day to just do a day hike from South Arm Road by Andover to Maine Rte 17. The folks at Pine Ellis Lodge shuttled me.  I again only take what needed for the day. The “walk” would be 13.3 miles. I use the term “walk” loosely because all walking on the AT in Maine is a rock climb. I’m glad I did “varappe “ and Alpine climbing. 

The day started cool and misty 



Then later thunderstorms rolled in and soaked everything. I put on my rain jacket just for warmth since just the walking had soaked me. 

The big news today is I saw my first moose on this trip. It’s amazing how quiet they are in the woods. (Sorry no picture)

Today there were three big climbs and three big nasty slippery descents

 But then came out and gave light for good scenery. 



Ended at ME Rte 17

Total this trip 64 miles
AT Miles 1957.3

No comments:

Post a Comment