Saturday, July 28, 2018

Day 18 To Monson

Got up and out from my “stealth” tentsite by 5:50?  I knew I had 13 miles and thunderstorms possibly coming as informed by the SOBO (southbound) day hiker. So i wanted to done before the afternoon. 

It had rained all night and stopped as I woke up.   But no sooner the. I had started that it, the rained restarted. 

And it rained solids for 7 hours... drizzle, light, down pour, take your choice I got it. 

But today would be a gently up and down day with only two 500’ climbs. 

But I saw still another white stone!  I’ve seen them all
along the 2000 mile trek. But today, I thought the white stone in Revelation.  



And then I had to don by water shoes and ford a stream. 





I didn’t use the cable. 

Finally at 1:30 pm I arrive at Rte 15. I had no telephone signal with my TracFone, but s kind passerby let me call Shaw’ Hiker Hostel in Monson. They came and took me the 4 miles into town  


13 miles
2076 total AT Miles
114 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment