Monday, July 16, 2018

Day 2 To Carlo Col Shelter

It gets light early. It woke me at 4:30 am. I dozed until 5:30 and then started getting ready for the day. I rolled my air mattress and stuffed my quilt. Then I went to the bear box for my food and had a handful of trail mix (mostly dried fruit) a piece of jerky and a bag of blueberry granola wetted with half a cup of water chased with a cup of chocolate milk. Then I struck the tent and drank a liter of water and went off to the spring to refill my water bottles.  I was off by 6:50. 



Trip to the outhouse first. 



There’s lots of streams. 



Page pond was nice in the morning sun. 



Boardwalks over the bogs help keep the feet out of the mud. 



But not always. 



Flowers I’ve never seen. 



Finally at the end of a tiring day, bunked in at Carlo Col shelter because all the tent pads were taken mosty by a large group of Girl Scouts. But then along came a couple of thunderstorms which I slept through and I was glad to be in the shelter with McGiver. 



Today’s miles. 10.1
This year’s miles  16.4
Total AT 1909.1

No comments:

Post a Comment