Saturday, June 25, 2016

Day Five to Kay Woods Shelter

After leaving Upper Goose Pond Cabin, I walked back the .5 mile to the AT and set about getting in 18 miles.  Since I cut yesterday so short (just over 8 miles) I needed to ramp up the distance since I need to be in Williamstown on Monday night. 

Fortunately the terrain was not very rugged. I even had time to use my gorilla to get some personal photos. 


This area is so full of beaver ponds. 


And the Beavers keep doing their masterful engineering. 



Then there was the stop at the very famous "cookie lady."  The small woman offers cookies, water and sodas (for a buck). 

I ended the day at 7:45 pm and camped by the Kay Woods Shelter. It was warm enough that I rolled up my rain fly. 


Miles for the day: 18
2016 Miles: 66.9
Total AT mileage: 1565.7




No comments:

Post a Comment