Thursday, June 23, 2016

Day 3 (117) To Tyingham

After spending the night camped by t the Tom Leonard Shelter I got a good Thru-hiker start at 6:00.  While I only needed to make about 14 miles, I decided to not set a fast pace. It's a good thing too... because I'm not ready for it. I called Cobble View B and B and while they are officially closed, the Lynn the owner has space for me. 

The trail passed through this States forest. 


In spite of the dry conditions. I passed many good streams for drinking water and was tempted to have a swim in this lake.


Portends of Maine where the trail is covered in roots.


Finally at the end of the day I climbed to the top of Cobble Hill and saw the village of Tyringham. 

Miles this trip : 42.4
Overall AT mileage: 1540.1



No comments:

Post a Comment