Sunday, June 26, 2016

Day 6 to Cheshire

The next morning, Sunday, I broke camp. It doesn't take much when you're carrying so little.


And it was northbound, always northbound ( the signs do helps when you the compass says east).


This would not be a another long day, only 11.8 miles. 

So in passing through Dalton, an old mill town that used water for power, I decided to have second breakfast complete with 3 iced coffees.  I crave anything cold these days...even in the morning. I sat with some others hikers who had early lunch so I joined them in a meatball sandwich (at 10:00 in the morning). I sat around and set off without them because they were waiting for the local pub to open and their second lunch...liquid one. 


On the way to the town of Cheshire we went over a small mountain called Cheshire Cobble. Cobble seems to be an old word for a bump. 


You often get nice views from them


That afternoon I was met at the entrance of the town by some "trail magic" ... A guy waiting for a hiker friend who offered
me two ice cold orange Gatoraides. 

This town was home to a famous barptist pastor who was highly instrumental in assuring that religious freedom found its way into the Bill of Rights. 


I stayed the night on the floor of the parish center at St Mary's church.


Miles today: 11.8
Miles 2016: 79.2
Total AT miles:  1577.5





No comments:

Post a Comment