Friday, June 24, 2016

Day 4 To Upper Goose Pond Cabin


After a really nice night with Lynn and Al at their closed BnB I set off for October Mountain shelter. It was a beautiful morning.



I came across some pastures and has to cross fences with styles. 


But then a small disaster struck. I rolled my left ankle and broke my left hiking pole. Now how do Pitch my tent?  Well that problem was solved later. 

On the way to October Mountain I met a guy bird watching. As I continued down the trail I took a left to the lake and aw this beautiful handmade wooden kayak.  

The bird watcher guy ( named Jim) and I got to talking while I was admiring his canoe. Long story short he convinced me to cut my day short and only hike to Upper Goose Pond Cabin.  The atmosphere was friendly and I met THs Cupcake and Rambo. The caretaker of the cabin took me Lee MA to a hardware store where I jury-rigged a fix to my pole. 

I had a swim in the lake and went to bed happy.

Miles: 8 (plus .6 from Tyringham and .5 to UGPC)
Total 2016 : 59.3
Total AT: 1548.1




No comments:

Post a Comment