Monday, June 27, 2016

Day 7 To Williamstown MA

I got off to an early start (6:20) because I would be doing 14.7 miles and climbing over Mt Greylock, the highest peak in Mass. (3491 ft). The climb would be over 2500 ft.

One of the nice things about the Mass AT club is that they maintain info kiosks. They always are worth reading.


When you go into a town like Cheshire, you have to go back to the mountains. Often that means crossing farmland. The contrast is striking. The mountains I the background would soon be under foot. 


Today the trail would not be rugged, only uphill. 


At the top of Mt Greylock is a large monument currently being renovated. 


Since it was lunch time and I had no lunch food, I decided to have some soup and salade at the Bascom Lodge 


After lunch I rejoined the trail as passed Thunderbolt lodge and old telemark ski place. Also good for shelter during storms. 

The hike down Greylock was steep and hard on the knees. But a zero day in Williamstown will hopefully help. 

Miles: 14.7
2016 AT miles: 94
Total AT miles: 1592.3






No comments:

Post a Comment