Thursday, August 9, 2018

Day 28 to Katahdin Stream Campground.

With the 100 Miles Wilderness done, there are only 20 miles to go: 10 to Katahdin Stream Ground, 5 miles to the summit of Katahdin (Baxter Peak) and 10’baxk down. 

I got up broke camp and had breakfast at Abol Bridge Camground



Then I started the walk to Katahdin Stream Campground. 

After just a few minutes I got s view of Katahdin. 



Then entered the park’s south walk-in entrance. 



I signed in at the Kiosk



The path to KSC is called “the red carpet.”



But not all the way. There are Maine’s ever present rocks and roots. 

But ten miles went quickly and I arrived at KSC. I took the chance lay all my gear out to dry. In the background loomed Mt Katahdin



Jennifer and I had planned to meet at the KSC. So while I waited and my gear dried  I chatted several people. One young couple was from Ireland.  They were starting a two month trek to the south on the AT. They had lots of questions about ticks and bears and the 100 Mile Wilderness. 

Finally after about 4 hours Jennifer arrived. We made our plans for our climb up Katahdin the next day.  We spent a restful night in our own lean-to

10 miles 
2180 total At Miles
280 miles this trip 

No comments:

Post a Comment