Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Day 33 to Gorham NH

During the night my knee woke me quite a few times. It became painful to bend and to the touch. Thankfully the rain stopped. So I packed up, stuffed some
Blueberry breakfast bars in my cargo pocket and set off. It was obvious to me that this going to be a day of self-rescue. 

First I had to climb over Mt Moriah. Thankfully, the only sacrifice would the time because of my slow pace. 


(That's Mt Moriah in the middle)

The views were great. 


Then came the 3000+ foot descent. The rocky trail crosses rocky stream beds. 

After most of the descent I met Wallaby an Canadian walking the trail because his work ended. We chatted and I told him of my knee. He gave me an elastic bandage which actually brought some relief. 

I finished the descent on absolutely idylic foot path: gently sloping down, smooth and covered with pine needles. 


It was the ....


Someone thoughtfully put a reminder of the remaining miles Katahdin (actually a bit less)


As finished the day early at the White Mountain Lodge, place made from hikers. 

It was be another nero as I arrived 2:30 pm

Miles: 8
2016 miles: 391
Total AT miles: 1891.4

No comments:

Post a Comment